We will challenge the status quo by increasing the speed of innovation.
We will collaborate with leaders in academia and industry to build research infrastructure, brainstorm and solve problems, and implement new initiatives.
We will help people live longer and have better lives.
Within the next 20 years, we are committed to ensuring that:
- People can thrive and live longer.
- People afflicted with chronic disease (i.e. diabetes, cystic fibrosis, intestinal failure) will be able to live longer without needing a transplant.
- All patients that need a transplant receive one quickly.
- Organ transplant failure is eliminated.
- Patients and donors and the interested public have the resources they need to learn about transplantation.
- The unique needs of every transplant patient and donor are met.
In collaboration with leading physicians, scientists, and the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, we will solve the major problems related to transplantation.
Innovation - We value and encourage innovation and creativity. We are excited about new ideas that can transform the way patients feel and how a transplanted organ/tissue/cell maintains function.
Collaboration - Our ability to collaborate with the entire medical community is one of our major strengths. We feel that the greatest successes come through a collaborative spirit.
Service to the Patient - We value how the patient feels and how chronic disease and receiving a transplant can impact a person's life.
Honesty and Integrity - The Terasaki Research Institute is committed to conducting its activities with the highest integrity and ethical standards .
Code of Conduct
The Terasaki Research Institute is committed to conducting its activities with the highest integrity and ethical standards. All employees and officers, when working for, managing, or representing the Terasaki Research Institute, will be honest and ethical and will adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, in cases in which a conflict of interest arises, the employee/officer will avoid or properly manage and fully disclose all real or potential conflicts of interests.