Abstracts must conform with the following guidelines.
Abstract Deadline: Friday, January 6, 2023 11:59 PM EDT
Notification Sent: Monday, January 23, 2023
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, do not include author or institutions, no period at the end and no abbreviations.
- Authors will be printed in the order entered.
- Enter institutions including the following: department, institution, city, state/province, and country.
- Abstracts will be presented live on Wednesday, March 8, 2023 from 9:00 – 9:30 am and 3:00 – 3:30 pm and on Thursday, March 9, 2023 from 9:00 – 9:30 am and 3:00 – 3:30 pm in the poster area of the UCLA Luskin Conference Center.
- Character Limit: Abstracts are limited to 2,500 characters. This includes Title and text. It does not include tables and/or pictures.
- The following graphic formats will be supported: gif, png, tiff, tif, jpeg and jpg.
- Abbreviations: A maximum of five (5) unique abbreviations are allowed within the body of the abstract.
- Format: Abstracts of original work should be structured into the following four (4) content sections:
- Abstracts will also be posted on Terasaki.org up to one year after the Terasaki Innovation Summit With Co-Author Approval
- Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
- The presenting author will serve as the contact author and will be responsible for completing the disclosure information for all co-authors.
- Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- Abstracts are blindly reviewed and graded by experts in the field. They will be reviewed based on their clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts failing the criteria will not be accepted.
- The complete program and all selected abstracts will be posted on the Terasaki Institute website prior to the meeting. Please note: Authors must agree to publish their submission online and in the journal to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Previous Presentation of Abstracts
- Abstracts are NOT considered for presentation if they were either published as an article or previously presented at a national or international meeting prior to the date of their presentation.
- Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966: 14:103) and must meet all the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Use of Animals
- All studies involving the use of animals must conform to the 1991 revision of "Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals" (American Physiological Association).
Changes to Abstracts After Submission
- You can edit the abstract up until the submission deadline of Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- Abstract notifications will be sent Monday, January 23, 2023. Abstracts will be accepted based on scientific and biomedical innovation and potential health impacts. Abstracts falling outside of these parameters will not be accepted.