Terasaki Innovation Summit
March 27 – 29, 2024 Abstract Requirements
Abstracts must conform to the following guidelines.
Abstract Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2024 11:59 PM EDT
Notification Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024
• When you have completed your abstract, please send in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a non-refundable abstract fee of $50.00 USD per abstract, due at the time of abstract submission. Payments must be made via credit card on the submission site; checks are not accepted.
This abstract fee does not register you for the meeting. All accepted abstracts must register separately in order to attend. The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the Annual Meeting. No refunds will be processed, even if an abstract is withdrawn.
The abstract fee covers submission of your abstract and administrative fees for processing and reviewing abstracts. Accepted abstracts will be published in the mobile meeting application at no additional charge.
Abstract and Poster Preparation:
Abstracts and Posters must be submitted and presented in English.
Character Limit: Abstracts and Posters are limited to 2,500 characters. This includes Title and text.
Titles: ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, do not include author or institutions, no period at the end and no abbreviations.
Author Information: Authors will be printed in the order entered. Enter institutions including the following: department, institution, city, state/province, and country.
Abbreviations: A maximum of five (5) unique abbreviations are allowed within the body of the abstract.
Format: Abstracts of original work should be structured into the following four (4) content sections:
Poster Formatting (Finish size: 30” wide x 36” high)
Posters will be presented live on Wednesday, March 27, 2024 from 9:00 – 9:30 am and 3:00 – 3:30 pm and on Thursday, March 28, 2023 from 9:00 – 9:30 am and 3:00 – 3:30 pm in the poster area of the UCLA Luskin Conference Center.
Posters will also be available in a virtual platform and mobile application. The requested format for virtual abstracts will be 3 slides in a PowerPoint presentation with a 3-minute voice-over narration. This will be submitted as an .mp4 video format. More details will follow.
The following graphic formats will be supported: gif, png, tiff, tif, jpeg and jpg.
Abstracts will also be posted in the virtual platform on Terasaki.org up to one year after the Terasaki Innovation Summit Upon Co-Author Approval
Ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
• The presenting author will serve as the contact author and will be responsible for completing the disclosure information for all co-authors.
Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after Friday, January 5, 2024, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
To withdraw an abstract prior to Friday, January 5, 2024, please contact Stewart Han at email@example.com.
• Abstracts are blindly reviewed and graded by experts in the field. They will be reviewed based on their clinical significance and scientific innovation. Abstracts failing the criteria will not be accepted.
• The complete program and all selected abstracts will be posted on the Terasaki Institute website prior to the meeting. Please note: Authors must agree to publish their submission online and in the journal in order to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
• Any studies involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (Clinical Research 1966: 14:103) and must meet all the requirements governing informed consent of the country in which the study was performed. Any transplant procedures performed must meet with the prevailing ethical standards.
Use of Animals
• All studies involving the use of animals must conform to the 1991 revision of "Guiding Principles in the Care and Use of Animals" (American Physiological Association).
• Awards will be issued to the first author. The first author is considered the lead researcher and/or takes primary responsibility for the abstract.
Hisako Terasaki Young Innovator Award: $5000.00 awarded to the highest-ranked abstract.
The winning poster will be recognized at the Terasaki Innovation Summit
Changes to Abstracts After Submission
• You can edit the abstract in the submission site up until the submission deadline of Friday, January 5, 2024.
• Abstract notifications will be sent Monday, January 23, 2024. Abstracts will be accepted based on scientific and biomedical innovation and potential health impacts.