1964: He developed the micro lymphocytotoxicity test.
1970: The micro lymphocytotoxicity test was adopted as the international standard method of tissue typing.
1969-1999: Professor of Surgery at UCLA.
2000: TFL (Terasaki Foundation Laboratory) was established to develop therapy for cancer
• The International Histocompatibility Society
• The International Transplant Society
• The American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
Honors & Awards:
• The Medawar Prize from the International Transplant Society
• The Karl Landsteiner and Emily Cooly Award from the American Association of Blood Banks
• The Phillip Levine Award from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Publication: Over 800 articles